Friday, August 14, 2009

Squeaky Fromme!!

Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Fromme was released from prison Friday. She served thirty-four years due to her ill-fated attempt to assassinate President Ford, though she is most well-known as a member of the Manson family. She is the only member of the family still devoted to Charles Manson, even escape prison in 1987 to visit him when she heard a rumour he was ill and dying.

A few years ago, I read her biography, Squeaky: The Life and Times of Lynette Alice Fromme, by Jess Bravin. If anyone needs a bit of not-so-light reading, I would highly recommend it. Her life, especially her life with and devotion to Charles Manson himself, is absolutely fascinating. I don't want to tell too much, but from reading about her childhood, it is really no wonder she got caught up in such a mess.

Who knows, maybe now I could have her over for dinner. :) I would love for her and I to sit down and talk.
-DR

No comments: